Failed to connect to database 'MainDB_sdx'. (ErrNo:-2147467259
Details:[DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.)
Cause: The error indicates that SOHODOX is unable to connect to MS SQL Server.
There could be many reasons for this..
- This is a known issue in Windows 10 and Windows 2012 Server. Windows stops services that may cause a delay during start up.
- SQL may not be configured to the right port
- SQL port may not be opened in Windows Firewall.
Solution: Please follows the steps below to resolve the issue.
This is a known issue in Windows 10 and Windows 2012 Server. Windows stops services that may cause a delay during start up. Hence you will find the SQL service as well ITAZ Server service
being stopped automatically. To resolve this you will have
to delay the automatic startup of this service.
To do this...
Start the Run dialog.
In the Open section, type services.msc
Click OK. The Services dialog will launch.
Select the instance of SQL Server service for SOHODOX under the Services window. (If SQL is installed using our DB Engine utility, the instance name would be SDXSQLEXPRESS)
Right click it and select Properties
On the General tab, in the Startup Type drop down choose Automatic (Delayed Start) option.
Click Ok to apply the changes.
Click Start to start the service.
sure to do this for ITAZ SOHODOX Server services as well as the other
ITAZ services. Also make sure that the SQL service for SOHODOX and all
the ITAZ SOHODOX service are running.
If the issue is still not resolved then proceed to Step 2
You have to configure SQL Server to use port 7732.
- Open SQL Server Configuration Manager from Start > Programs.
- Click on ‘SQL Server Network Configuration’ on the left panel and
you will see the window expand. Select Protocols for SDXSQLEXPRESS.
- On the right panel, select TCP/IP. Ensure it is set to ‘Enabled’.
Now, double click on the ‘TCP/IP’. The ‘TCP/IP Properties’ dialog will
- Scroll down and Click on the ‘IP Addresses’ tab. Expand ‘IPAll’
header and set the ‘TCP Port’ to ‘7732’. Click on OK to close the
- On the main window expand SQL Native Client 11.0 Configuration and select ‘Client Protocols’
- Double click on the ‘TCP/IP’. The ‘TCP/IP Properties’ dialog will
pop up. Make sure, the Default Port is set to ‘7732’. Click on OK to
save the changes.
- Now, select the ‘SQL Server 2012 Services’ node in the left panel. Select the SQL Server (SDXSQLEXPRESS) option to the right.
- Click on the Action > Restart menu option to restart SQL Server
You should now be able to work with Sohodox. If the issue is still not resolved then proceed to Step 3
Please check if the SQL port is added in Windows Firewall Inbound
exception, and that SOHODOX is configured with SQL Server
- Click on Start > Control
Panel. In the Control Panel window, you will find Windows Firewall,
click on it and a new window will open.
- On the right panel, click on Advanced Setting and another window will open labelled – Windows Firewall with Advanced Security.
- Select Inbound Rules on left panel. Then, on the left panel, click on New Rule.
- A new window called – New Inbound Rule Wizard will open. Ensure the Rule Type is selected as Port and click on Next.
- On the next screen, check that
TCP is selected. Also, select ‘Specific local ports’ and type in the
number – 7732. Click on Next.
- On the next screen, ensure that ‘Allow Connections’ is selected and select Next.
- The next screen will ask you the
type of connect. Make sure ‘Private’ or ‘Domain’ is marked based on how
your network security is set up.
- The final screen asks for a Name and Description. Both the Name and Description should be Sohodox_SQL_Port.
- Click on Finish.
Restart your machine. Now login to SOHODOX everything should work fine.